Monday, August 20, 2012

Catching up

I am soooo sorry that I haven't posted in forever. I am going to do my best to write more often.

We have a beautiful new addition to our family, Clayton Mathew Blackburn. I can't believe that he is going to be three months old soon. He is growing so fast and it is hard to think of what life was like without him. I am so excited to see what he will be like when he gets older. He has discovered his tongue and likes to stick it out and lick his lips. Yes, I do post a million pictures of him but I cant help it :)He is a really good baby, but just like any new parent I sometimes get frustrated. I am getting better though and motherhood is growing on me. I like to think that I am doing a decent job.

Clayton and Kyle just love each other. I think my favorite time of day is when Kyle gets home from work and they have their time together. It is the sweetest thing to watch them laugh and smile at each other. I am so lucky to have them in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. :)
Clayton absolutely loves Kyle
sticking his tongue out
Our friend Bob has been living with us for about a month and a half now. His family is saving money and looking to buy a house so his wife and girls have been living in Bishop with his family and he has been living with us. They have found a house and so now they are just waiting for the finishing of paperwork and stuff that goes into making it officially theirs.  It has been just fine having him here especially since Kyle gets more "man time" now. Our apartment is a bit cozier now but the company is nice. :)
Kyle and Bob with their motorcycles

I don't know if any of you have ever heard of the Color Run, but guess what... I signed up. So on November 3rd in San Diego I will be participating in it. It is a 5k and every kilometer volunteers throw different colors of powdered paint so by the finish line you are covered in color. Then at the finish line there is a big party and powdered paint and dancing and stuff. I am sooooo excited to be a part of it. :) I can't wait.

random picture I found online of the color run
Kyle is stationed at MCAS Miramar in San Diego and we live in Alpine which is about 30 minutes from base. He has a motorcycle so it isn't too bad of a commute to and from work. We will be here I believe until the end of Kyle's enlistment. So we have three more years in California.

Kyle will be working in Yuma for a month and a half this fall. Apparently sometimes they ask Marines to work at the Yuma base and they asked Kyle so that's that. It will be weird having him gone but it is only for a short time, but we will visit him as often as we can. :)

Kyle and Bob are on our ward's softball team which is fun for them. Last week Clayton and I went to their game and it was a blast. :) Ok, so baby slept practically the whole time but it was fun to watch the game for me. My goodness I never realized how intense church softball can be. Whoa. Watch out for them Mormons!! haha jk I am excited to continue going to their games.Not going to lie my hubby is quite the athlete. Just saying ;)
watching daddy play softball

We have been meeting more people in the ward which has been making our time in Alpine more enjoyable. For a while we didn't really know many people and go to activities but that has definitely changed. I absolutely love the Alpine Ward. :)

Last weekend we had the baby blessing. Kyle's parents and my parents were able to come out and participate in the blessing. It was such a wonderful experience. Of course I teared up but I didn't bawl which I am impressed about. :) Kyle's dad, Bryan, had his birthday the weekend they came so my parents bought a cake and ice cream and we had dinner and a little get together with everyone. I am so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family.

Well that's about it for now. Life is going fantastic and I feel so blessed. We are so grateful for your friendship, love, and prayers made in our behalf. :)

PS I will post the birth story soon for those of you interested in reading it.

6 comments:

  1. Happy day! :) Great job...I feel all caught up now. ;) Glad you are meeting more people and enjoying your ward, let me know when you get a calling. That color run looks so fun! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh crap I forgot to say that I got a calling. haha I just got called though. But I am the Assistant Activities Day Director. :) So I will be with the 8-11 year old girls for activities twice a month :) I'm so excited!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing Mary. Clayton is adorable and I know you are doing a wonderful job being his Mommy! Keep writing....love to hear about you!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update! Even though we skype and whatnot, I still learned things from this post. Can't wait to read your birth story from the after point of view!

    ps. I'm in Activity Days too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha Well I'm glad you learned something still. I didn't know you are in activity days!! so fun!!!!

      Delete