Sunday, October 14, 2012

Arizona Trip Part 1 Winslow

A few weeks ago, Meema flew out to San Diego and spent the night at my apartment. The next morning we drove together to Arizona. The trip that was supposed to take about 8-9 hours took 12!!!! That's what I get for having a baby and a dog with me. Thank heavens for my mom because she was so much help. 

We started our trip at nine thirty ish I think. In Yuma we stopped at a gas station and let Lady (our dog) run around and use the bathroom. I fed the baby and we gassed up and continued. Kyle was working so we wouldn't have been able to see him. Then we stopped in Gila Bend because the baby was hungry again. While I was feeding the baby in the car, my Meema walked Lady around outside. Lady was getting close to a cactus so my mom pulled her back and Lady turned her face right into it. Meema had to sit and straddle Lady so we could get the stickers out. EEK! It was no fun for any of us. When we got to Phoenix I dropped my mom back at her car at the airport and she followed me to a gas station where I fed baby.... again. By this time we were all sick of being in the car and stopping and what not. I was debating staying in the valley for a bit, but figured it would be best to just finish up the trip to Winslow. I made a quick stop in Payson for some food because I hadn't actually eaten a meal that day; just goldfish and granola bars. Meema met me there and when we got baby back in the car he freaked out. He was SOOOO sick if being in the car. Eventually he fell asleep again and we all made it to Winslow safe and sound. It was a VERY long day. 

Clayton watching Lady during one of our many stops


While staying in Winslow I had an awesome time. My Meema was soooo much help with the baby. I was able to get a few naps in while she watched the baby. She also would just take him so I could shower and do some other things. It was absolutely fantastic!

Here are pictures of some of the fun things that we were able to do during our trip to Winslow.

Watching the Winslow vs Chinle football game (of course Winslow dominated)
visit with Kayla and Amber

Had lunch at the delicious Root Beer Stand with Toni
four generations with Meema and my Grandpa Harry
My friend Kristjana was in Arizona visiting from  South Dakota. 

Every morning I took Lady and Clayton on walks. I let Lady off of the leash and she had a blast just sprinting around and exploring everything.
 Clayton and I met little Lanaya 
 Had lunch at Captain Tony's with my cousin(practically sister) Kayla 
Baby C got a lot of Grandma time

I got to visit my Show Low "parents" that I have known for six years now. I stayed at their house in 2006 during a church camp in Show Low and we have kept in touch ever since. I just adore them.
Watch my cousin Reed run in his high school cross country race :) He did awesome!!

My Aunt Virginia and the kids (missing Courtney)

Reed closing in on the finish line
My cousin Courtney turned 13!!!!
Baby C rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time!
Baby C started eating rice cereal twice a day! He loves it!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment