Monday, October 15, 2012

Kyle Visit!!!

Soooo Kyle is in Yuma for those of you that don't know, or for those of you that may have forgotten. Yuma is where the pilots do live firing training and Kyle is there in case something breaks. He only is at work five hours a day, Monday through Friday, and every other Saturday. He has four other roommates and he gets along really well with a couple of them. Anyways,I guess there isn't a lot to do on base but he goes to the theater a lot (the movies are $2 and sometimes they are free) and he has been to the bowling alley there too. Recently he purchased a shotgun and went out shooting with a couple of his buddies.

Clayton and I are staying in Queen Creek with my in laws for a couple of weeks and we decided to make a trip to see Kyle this past Saturday. Bryan (Kyle's dad) came with us and it was such a blast!! We got there at about noon or one and picked up Kyle from base. Heavens he is sooo gorgeous. ;) Then Bryan treated us to In N Out which is always a delicious choice. 

Before Kyle left for Yuma, he and Clayton were such buddies. I didn't know how they would respond to each other since they hadn't seen each other for a few weeks. I know that isn't really long but I still wasn't sure if the baby would remember Kyle or something. Well, as soon as Kyle looked at Clayton they both just lit up! It was the cutest thing. :) Kyle just wanted to hold him and play with him. I loved it.

After In N Out we went to Walmart to get some ammo and then went out to go shooting. I am scared of shooting guns. It scares the heck out of me. I don't mind watching people shoot, but the thought of me shooting just freaks me out. Bryan had a few guns that he had brought and Kyle had his shotgun so we had a pretty good mix. We left the car on and the baby just slept in the carseat inside. I sat in there for a few minutes to make sure the guns weren't too loud or anything for him. He was crashed out though. HA!
 


 


Well, guess what..... I actually shot guns!!! Impressed?? You definitely should be. I was so nervous. Even after I shot a few times I was still nervous. Eek!!  I am quite impressed with myself.

   





I shot the 22 first and it wasn't bad at all. Then Bryan gave me the handgun to try. I didn't realize that Kyle was video taping me and I am pretty sure he had fun watching me look like an idiot.


Then Kyle gave me his shotgun and I was terrified but I did it anyways.... and again looked awful. My goodness. He gave me a big hug after I shot that one. 
Make fun of me if you want but I am still impressed that I did it at all.
It was actually a lot of fun and I will definitely do it again... but I will still get nervous I'm sure.

I know Clayton looks funny HA but it is too good of a picture of Kyle not to post
After shooting we went back to base to drop Kyle off and get gas and then head back to Queen Creek. Because I had to feed the baby and stuff we all ended up visiting in the car for a while. Kyle and I went into the store to get some snacks for me (Kyle was holding the baby of course) and someone told us that he was the cutest baby they had ever seen. :) That made us both smile.  
They just adore each other :)
I just love our little family so much :)

Even though it was a quick trip it was still a blast!! I am glad we were able to go and spend time with the hubs. :) I just love him (as if anyone had any doubts ;) ).


4 comments:

  1. Poor Kyle, he must get so bored working so little! I'm glad you got to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya he has only had to fix one thing so far so he just watches netflix in the shop and then goes to the movies or hangs out in his room and reads.

      Delete
  2. Aww you guys really are such a cute family!

    PS: I love/hate shooting guns. It's fun but I am super-terrified!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Paige. :) Ya I just anticipate the kick every time so I freak myself out.

      Delete