Monday, November 5, 2012

The Color Run San Diego

I first heard about The Color Run from YouTube and as soon as I saw what it was I HAD to do it. The Color Run is a 5K and every kilometer a different color of powdered paint is thrown on you. It is a "fun" run and it isn't timed. There are no restrictions for age or running status. You can walk it, bring a stroller, run it, or dance the whole time. There really aren't any rules besides wear a white t shirt and have fun!! 

I went with my friend Elizabeth and Kyle watched Clayton. It was great to have a break from the baby. One of Kyle's buddies, Tomlinson, also signed up to do it, so we all ran together.It was SOOOOO fun. There were 30,000 people at the 1:30 start time (there were two sessions; one at 9 and one at 1:30) that participated! That is like 3 Winslows!!! Crazy right??!!

At the end there was a big after party. There was a DJ and dancing and powder thrown all over. Every 15 minutes they counted down to another powder throw. Gosh it was so much fun!!! I absolutely loved it!!!!











PS I thought the paint would be easier to come off. I have scrubbed and scrubbed and have taken two showers and I am still a bit green ish and blue ish in certain places. But it was still a freakin blast!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite line of your whole post:

    "That is like 3 Winslows!!!"

    Haha! You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete